Roebuck Bay Working Group are proud to have reached the finals in the WA Regional Achievement Community Awards. Moreover, to see our work beamed onto supersize screens at Perth’s Convention Centre for all to see. Roebuck Bay Working Group’s (RBWG) ‘Keep Our Bay Clean’ project was acknowledged for the collaborative work to reduce run-off from Broome that can feed Lyngbya blooms. Congratulations to South West Catchment Council who won the Environment Award and Kimberley Toadbusters who were also finalists. Thanks Rangelands NRM for funding the RBWG project.
Roebuck Bay Working Group members were thrilled to win a WA Coastal Award for Excellence in 2007 in the Community Group Effort category. The award recognised the group’s outstanding efforts:
- to improve the local coastal and marine environment;
- to achieve a common goal and assist in capacity building of participants;
- to build a sense of ownership of the coast by the local community;
- to raise environmental and cultural awareness;
- to successfully complete one or more projects and its identified objectives.
The judging panel congratulated the RBWG for their considerable progress in achieving their goals of building local capacity to care for the natural and cultural heritage of Roebuck Bay in Broome. The panel recognised the strong commitment to the community involvement and especially indigenous engagement.
Please read COASTLINES for full details on these outstanding coastal awards »