VOLUNTEER HELP is essential to achieve the aims of Broome Bird Observatory and include:
– General maintenance of facilities
– Helping with routine cleaning of facilities
– Grounds maintenance
– Serving as campground host in peak season
– Running shop and assisting visitors
– Assisting with stall at Saturday market
A willingness to stay at least one month is preferred. Volunteers receive free accommodation and access to facilities, including the camp kitchen, showers, and toilets. Volunteers may also have the opportunity to assist with on-going research activities and to join tours.
Contact the Broome Bird Observatory Wardens »
Roebuck Bay Working Group is comprised of Traditional Owners and government, local community, conservation groups and business. We work collaboratively to solve issues, raise awareness and encourage research and monitoring which supports responsible management and protection of Roebuck Bay.